Sorry I’ve dropped off the radar on here. I wasn’t getting 500 visitors /day consistently I did with the one major post about Sandy and my relationship (you all must love drama!), so I had thought this site just wasn’t interesting for enough people.
However, even without posting this site is receiving 50 visits a day.
And I have a lot of new, exciting life changing events set to occur and interesting things that I have experienced in the past few days to post.
- New jobs and prospects
- New home on the horizon
- New work setting
- More travel
Found a $600 RT flight with one stop each way – from Oakland up San Francisco.
My friend, Mike, has 5 free days at a Marriott saved from all his consultant traveling and wanted a friend to come along. Since I’m on a break at the moment, I seemed the perfect person, with no work or family obligations, to tag along.
Kamehameha Marriott, here we come!
To get there, I need to prepare!
Checklist for tomorrow
- Mail laptop (busted on me 4 days ago) to Sandy to see if last repair – that was warranties – will fix this
- Mail Nicki’s key
- Borrow large bag from Mike to pack
- Pick up quick oats (so I can hook up breakfast with boiling water at a gas station or at the hotel)
- Online checkin for flight
- 11a nanny agency call – they have 3 jobs in mind for me!
- 12p Alicia call – discuss her building our Bnb a website
- 1p Kasseem work exchange guest interview call
- 3p Marketing call with my new admissions consulting office
- Prep potatoes, fruit, and overnight oats to eat on flight day
- Put extra apples and potatoes in the fridge to eat when returned from Hawaii
- Is it worth packing Mike’s Ninja Blender? Or is there a small travel size blender I should invest in? Banana smoothies are a huge component of joy in my diet
Big Island Day 1 – Solo
I’m arriving two days ahead of Mike and don’t want to pay for a hotel while I’m underemployed.. So I’m car camping the first few days! Back to my previous life of living the vehicle I travel within.
My checklist for Day 1
- Shopping when I get there
- Pot to boil water for oats
- Coconut oil for hair – severely damaged from last bleaching
- Stop at a gas station to microwave potatoes to eat before heading backcountry car camping
- Purchase pass for Volcano National Park
- Head to park before sunset to find a car camping spot